Thursday, January 7, 2010

Paris First

So I will be in Brussels all semester. Before that though, I decided I would stop by Paris to visit family. I had already been here once, so I didn't do as much "touristy" stuff, but it was a good time nonetheless.

I did make a trip out to the Eiffel Tower though. Parisians love their Tower.

Rainbow colors. I'm not sure if this is an every night thing, or a holiday special, but they did a light show.

















French Pride


















There were more, but thats all I feel like putting up.

Anyways, here is my impression of Paris:

They seem to be living amazing lives. Everyone dresses really well, eats amazing food, etc etc.

The only downside is that I cannot talk to them..
..which may not be a bad thing. I do get the pretentious Parisian vibe from a ton of these people and the good part about not knowing the language is that I don't know whether or not they are trash talking.

Public transportation also works amazingly well here. I don't know how well it works in NYC/Chicago/DC/other huge American cities, but they have it figured out pretty well here.

Everything is really expensive, but no one seems phased by it at all.

Its not bad here. I still haven't had many interactions with the locals (haven't had to with my French cousins) but maybe that would make me dislike Paris as much as everyone else does.


No comments:

Post a Comment